It’s fall once again and I’m so happy! Even though it’s been undeniably warm here in Texas so far, I’ve still been putting on my boots and throwing on a scarf whenever I can manage. And even more exciting than the attire is the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday and all the delicious food that comes with it! Turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce… and who can forget the best part of Thanksgiving – Pumpkin!
These pumpkin cheesecake cupcakes make an incredible dessert option for those who like something a little different from the traditional pumpkin pie. And better yet, you can eat them the day after Thanksgiving while you curl up to the much anticipated (for me, anyway) premier of the new Gilmore Girls mini series on Netflix!! Is everyone as excited as I am? So I’ll be ready with my sugary treats and junk food to celebrate with Lorelai and Rory. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes
Makes 18 cupcakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
FOR THE FILLING:
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake pan(s) with liners. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat 8oz cream cheese, 2/3c sugar and 1t pumpkin pie spice on medium speed until light and fluffy, approximately 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 2c flour, 2t pumpkin pie spice, 2t baking powder, 1t cinnamon, 1t baking soda, 1/2t nutmeg and 1/2t salt.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together 2c pumpkin puree, 1c white sugar and 2/3c brown sugar, 1c canola oil and 4 eggs.
- Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
- Scoop a spoonful of batter evenly into the cupcake pan. Drop 2 teaspoons cream cheese filling into the center of each cup. Top with remaining batter to completely cover the filling. Place into oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- 2 cup (4 sticks) salted butter, at room temperature
- 6 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 Tablespoons milk
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- In bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat 2c butter and 6c confectioners’ sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- With mixer on low speed, add 4T milk, 4t vanilla and 2t pumpkin pie spice, beating just until incorporated. Increase speed to medium high and beat until frosting is light and fluffy, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Frost the cupcakes as desired, garnish with 1c graham cracker crumbs.