It’s fall once again and I’m so happy! Even though it’s been undeniably warm here in Texas so far, I’ve still been putting on my boots and throwing on a scarf whenever I can manage. And even more exciting than the attire is the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday and all the delicious food that comes with it! Turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce… and who can forget the best part of Thanksgiving – Pumpkin!
These pumpkin cheesecake cupcakes make an incredible dessert option for those who like something a little different from the traditional pumpkin pie. And better yet, you can eat them the day after Thanksgiving while you curl up to the much anticipated (for me, anyway) premier of the new Gilmore Girls mini series on Netflix!! Is everyone as excited as I am? So I’ll be ready with my sugary treats and junk food to celebrate with Lorelai and Rory. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes
Makes 18 cupcakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
FOR THE FILLING:
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake pan(s) with liners. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat 8oz cream cheese, 2/3c sugar and 1t pumpkin pie spice on medium speed until light and fluffy, approximately 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 2c flour, 2t pumpkin pie spice, 2t baking powder, 1t cinnamon, 1t baking soda, 1/2t nutmeg and 1/2t salt.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together 2c pumpkin puree, 1c white sugar and 2/3c brown sugar, 1c canola oil and 4 eggs.
- Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
- Scoop a spoonful of batter evenly into the cupcake pan. Drop 2 teaspoons cream cheese filling into the center of each cup. Top with remaining batter to completely cover the filling. Place into oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- 2 cup (4 sticks) salted butter, at room temperature
- 6 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 Tablespoons milk
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- In bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat 2c butter and 6c confectioners’ sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- With mixer on low speed, add 4T milk, 4t vanilla and 2t pumpkin pie spice, beating just until incorporated. Increase speed to medium high and beat until frosting is light and fluffy, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Frost the cupcakes as desired, garnish with 1c graham cracker crumbs.
Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter – @sugarbbaking.
Hey there again! Sorry I’ve been offline for a while, but I hope everyone here in the US had a fabulous Independence Day! I love the summertime, despite the Texas heat, and was really wanting to come up with a fun summer dessert. My sister-in-law, who may be my biggest baking fan and reads all my blog post, is the one who requested an extra chocolatey S’mores cupcake for her birthday… and these couldn’t have been more on point! You will love these rich, moist dark chocolate cupcakes with hints of graham cracker and Nutella and a perfectly toasted marshmallow to top it off! It’s pure yumminess and I hope you enjoy!
And if you’re as addicted to S’mores as I am, try my Peanut Butter S’mores Cupcakes and my Decadent S’mores Cake!
Here’s another delicious summer treat to enjoy this summer! It’s a perfect mix of delicious key lime and sweet blueberries! The cupcake is light and fluffy and the frosting is just divine, and I’m so happy to share it. Let me know what you think of this fabulous cupcake!
… And don’t forget to try my other fruity summer flavors:
Lemon Cupcakes with Blackberry Buttercream
Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes
We all have those treats we had as a kid that just hold such a good memory, for me that was Dreamsicles. The perfect orange popsicle with vanilla ice cream in the center that signified it was summer time. I think orange and vanilla remain my one of my favorite flavor combos (which says a lot because I like chocolate more than almost anything)! So, if you are a fan like me, try these cupcakes as the perfect way to kick off your summertime.
If you love this recipe, try my amazing Lemon Cupcakes with Blackberry Buttercream!
Happy Mother’s Day to all the wonderful moms out there! It finally feels like Spring in Texas (which won’t last long!), so I wanted to celebrate with some delicious fruit-inspired cupcakes. These Lemon Cupcakes with Blackberry Buttercream make the perfect Spring or Summer dessert – they are light, fluffy, tangy and sweet! I’m going to post a few more fruity cupcakes over the next few weeks, so look for more in the weeks to come!
I think I am totally addicted to my chocolate cupcake recipe… you made be tired of seeing it’s various iterations by now, but I’m just never going to get tired of making it! Every time I consider trying a different recipe I talk myself out of it. So, if you haven’t tried my chocolate or dark chocolate cake recipe below… you must try it before you judge! Trust me, it’s the BEST chocolate cake you will ever eat!!
All that to say, I was feeling inspired to try another rendition of this cupcake with a fun and fresh frosting. I personally love to pair chocolate and raspberries and this recipe definitely does the trick. If you like this one, make sure you try my Chocolate Raspberry Cake with the amazing Chocolate Raspberry Ganache!
Hi friends, I hope you had a wonderful Easter! I couldn’t find time to post last week, so I thought I’d make up for it with this spectacular cupcake! This frosting definitely makes the top of my list, it’s incredible! I made these cupcakes for my nephew’s 3rd birthday and they were very well received! Of course, I had to make them Ninja Turtle-rrific! This Vanilla Cupcake is so incredibly moist and rich and, as I mentioned, the Cake Batter Frosting is TO DIE FOR!
If you like this frosting, try it with my Best Funfetti Cupcake Recipe!
Let’s face it, we all love cookie dough! I can’t ever think of a time I’ve had cookie dough ice cream and thought, man there is WAY too much cookie dough in this ice cream. No, there is never too much cookie dough in anything ;). This cupcake is for those who love cookie dough as much as I do! It’s a cookie dough cupcake with a soft eggless cookie dough center and cookie dough frosting on top – and it is as delicious as it sounds! I served these at a party and they were a huge hit! I’m also obsessed with my new Sparkly Gold Sequins Tablecloth I used for the backdrop of this picture… it’s as amazing as the cupcakes! This is a great, super simple recipe that turns out better than any cupcakes you’d get at a bakery! Enjoy!
Craving more cookie greatness after trying this? Try my Cookie Dough Dip or My Favorite Soft Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies!
My sister-in-law is having a baby girl and she wanted Samoa cupcakes for her baby shower… it was such a delicious cupcake, I just had to share the recipe and result. First, I have to show off the cupcake bouquet from her shower, it turned out so great and I loved using edible glitter (Disco Dust, Gold Hologram) for the first time!
As one of my friends at the shower said, it is EXACTLY what you want a Samoa cupcake to taste like! What this one includes is a yummy vanilla cupcake, rich chocolate ganache, toasted coconut, homemade caramel sauce and caramel frosting! I topped off the recipe with Samoa cookies to make this a perfect cupcake. So, if you love your Girl Scout cookies, you will love this cupcake
I made these cupcakes this week for my birthday… and OH MY GOSH are they delicious! Seriously, they are so so good. The moist chocolate cake, the fluffy marshmallow frosting, the buttery graham cracker bottom AND peanut butter in the center just sends this into a whole different stratosphere. I officially love this cupcake! And I hope you will, too! This is my classic chocolate cake recipe, sorry if you are getting sick of seeing it but it’s too perfect to change. If you like this one, try my S’mores Cake!