Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I love love love this time of year… time together with family, decorating for Christmas, watching “Elf” a million times – it is just the best. Now, don’t let the name of this recipe fool you, dump cakes are a brilliant invention where you essentially dump everything in the pan and bake. If you’ve never had a dump cake the name can be off-putting, but I promise you will love every bite. This cake is only slightly more complicated than a traditional dump cake in the fact you have to mix a few things to get the pumpkin base. It is, however, INCREDIBLE! The pumpkin with the yellow cake is scrumptious and the graham crackers, pecans and toffee create a buttery crunch on top! Serve it hot with some ice cream (I recommend cinnamon or buttered pecan flavors) and you will just melt.
I serve this at all of my Thanksgivings I go to (and yes, there are many) and it is always the most popular dessert! I love pumpkin, but pumpkin pie is not my favorite. This Pumpkin Dump Cake is way better and a fun and easy twist on a traditional Thanksgiving dessert.
I hope you enjoy this time together with your friends and family as much as I do, make the most of the holidays and the magic of Christmas time!
Pumpkin Dump Cake
From Cookies and Cups
- 1 15 oz can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 10 oz can Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter melted
- 3/4 cup coarsely crushed graham crackers (about 3 ½ crackers)
- 3/4 cup coarsely crushed pecans
- ½ cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray a 9×13 baking pan lightly with cooking/baking spray
- In a large bowl combine the 15oz pumpkin, 10oz evaporated milk, 1c light brown sugar, 3 eggs and 3t pumpkin pie spice. Stir to combine.
- Pour into your prepared pan.
- Sprinkle your entire box of cake mix on top, followed by your 3/4c pecans, 3/4c graham crackers and 1/2c toffee chips.
- Pour your melted 1c butter evenly on top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until center is set and edges are lightly browned.
Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter – @sugarbbaking.
Happy Baking & Happy Thanksgiving!
One thought on “Pumpkin Dump Cake”
YUM! Thanks for sharing 🙂
check out my recipe for Baked Apple Chips, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it!