Hi friends, I hope you had a wonderful Easter! I couldn’t find time to post last week, so I thought I’d make up for it with this spectacular cupcake! This frosting definitely makes the top of my list, it’s incredible! I made these cupcakes for my nephew’s 3rd birthday and they were very well received! Of course, I had to make them Ninja Turtle-rrific! This Vanilla Cupcake is so incredibly moist and rich and, as I mentioned, the Cake Batter Frosting is TO DIE FOR!
If you like this frosting, try it with my Best Funfetti Cupcake Recipe!
Favorite Vanilla Cupcakes
From Gimme Some Oven
Makes 16-18 cupcakes
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Add 1c granulated sugar, 1 3/4c cake flour, 1 1/2t baking powder, 1/2t baking soda and 1/2t salt, and beat for an additional 1 minutes until well-mixed.
- Add 1/2c butter and mix on medium-low speed for about 2 minutes until well combined and a little crumbly. I had to pulse the mixer for several minutes to stop the flour from flying out. Just be cautious and a bit patient while you work the butter into the dry ingredients.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk together 2 eggs, 1/3c greek yogurt, and 1T vanilla extract until smooth. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and beat on medium speed until just combined.
- Slowly add 2/3c milk and mix on low speed until just combined. The batter will be very thin and liquid.
- Fill cupcake liners just over 1/2 full. Bake for 14 minutes and then test to see if they are done. They are done when a toothpick comes out clean. Remove and let cool on a cooling rack.
Cake Batter Frosting
From Baking is a Science
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup yellow cake mix
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons milk
- Cream together the 1/2c butter and 1/4c yellow cake mix.
- Add the 3-4c powdered sugar gradually.
- Then cream in the 2-3T milk.
- Add more powdered sugar or more milk depending on the desired consistency.
- Frost cupcakes and top with sprinkles!
Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter – @sugarbbaking.
4 thoughts on “Favorite Vanilla Cupcakes with Cake Batter Frosting”
Looks delicious as all your cupcakes do!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you @nancyruth! 😊
LikeLiked by 1 person
My absolute favorite! Can you use sour cream instead of Greek yogurt? 🙂
Probably, Dawn! I love sour cream in cake!i haven’t tried it, so let me know if it works for you!