It’s fall once again and I’m so happy! Even though it’s been undeniably warm here in Texas so far, I’ve still been putting on my boots and throwing on a scarf whenever I can manage. And even more exciting than the attire is the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday and all the delicious food that comes with it! Turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce… and who can forget the best part of Thanksgiving – Pumpkin!
These pumpkin cheesecake cupcakes make an incredible dessert option for those who like something a little different from the traditional pumpkin pie. And better yet, you can eat them the day after Thanksgiving while you curl up to the much anticipated (for me, anyway) premier of the new Gilmore Girls mini series on Netflix!! Is everyone as excited as I am? So I’ll be ready with my sugary treats and junk food to celebrate with Lorelai and Rory. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes
Makes 18 cupcakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
FOR THE FILLING:
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake pan(s) with liners. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat 8oz cream cheese, 2/3c sugar and 1t pumpkin pie spice on medium speed until light and fluffy, approximately 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 2c flour, 2t pumpkin pie spice, 2t baking powder, 1t cinnamon, 1t baking soda, 1/2t nutmeg and 1/2t salt.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together 2c pumpkin puree, 1c white sugar and 2/3c brown sugar, 1c canola oil and 4 eggs.
- Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
- Scoop a spoonful of batter evenly into the cupcake pan. Drop 2 teaspoons cream cheese filling into the center of each cup. Top with remaining batter to completely cover the filling. Place into oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- 2 cup (4 sticks) salted butter, at room temperature
- 6 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 Tablespoons milk
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- In bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat 2c butter and 6c confectioners’ sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- With mixer on low speed, add 4T milk, 4t vanilla and 2t pumpkin pie spice, beating just until incorporated. Increase speed to medium high and beat until frosting is light and fluffy, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Frost the cupcakes as desired, garnish with 1c graham cracker crumbs.
Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter – @sugarbbaking.
We all have those treats we had as a kid that just hold such a good memory, for me that was Dreamsicles. The perfect orange popsicle with vanilla ice cream in the center that signified it was summer time. I think orange and vanilla remain my one of my favorite flavor combos (which says a lot because I like chocolate more than almost anything)! So, if you are a fan like me, try these cupcakes as the perfect way to kick off your summertime.
If you love this recipe, try my amazing Lemon Cupcakes with Blackberry Buttercream!
Happy Mother’s Day to all the wonderful moms out there! It finally feels like Spring in Texas (which won’t last long!), so I wanted to celebrate with some delicious fruit-inspired cupcakes. These Lemon Cupcakes with Blackberry Buttercream make the perfect Spring or Summer dessert – they are light, fluffy, tangy and sweet! I’m going to post a few more fruity cupcakes over the next few weeks, so look for more in the weeks to come!
Whenever I’m having a bad day or just need a little comfort food, nothing is more perfect than a delicious warm cookie! These cookies are ooey gooey greatness with the combination of dark chocolate, caramel and sea salt! Really, you just can’t go wrong. They are soft, buttery and just amazingly delicious. My husband rated them a 10, though he may be a bit biased. 🙂
Hi friends, I hope you had a wonderful Easter! I couldn’t find time to post last week, so I thought I’d make up for it with this spectacular cupcake! This frosting definitely makes the top of my list, it’s incredible! I made these cupcakes for my nephew’s 3rd birthday and they were very well received! Of course, I had to make them Ninja Turtle-rrific! This Vanilla Cupcake is so incredibly moist and rich and, as I mentioned, the Cake Batter Frosting is TO DIE FOR!
If you like this frosting, try it with my Best Funfetti Cupcake Recipe!
I made this cake for a friend’s daughter’s first birthday. It was so adorable and delicious, I just had to share! This makes a great smash cake or mini cake (6”). It makes enough for 3 tall layers, I only used two in my cake to avoid sending a 1 year old into a sugar coma! 🙂 You could also probably make a bigger two layer cake with the same recipe. It’s a moist, smooth white cake with a light, tasty frosting with just enough strawberry to make it taste wonderful! Let me know what you think of this recipe!
Let’s face it, we all love cookie dough! I can’t ever think of a time I’ve had cookie dough ice cream and thought, man there is WAY too much cookie dough in this ice cream. No, there is never too much cookie dough in anything ;). This cupcake is for those who love cookie dough as much as I do! It’s a cookie dough cupcake with a soft eggless cookie dough center and cookie dough frosting on top – and it is as delicious as it sounds! I served these at a party and they were a huge hit! I’m also obsessed with my new Sparkly Gold Sequins Tablecloth I used for the backdrop of this picture… it’s as amazing as the cupcakes! This is a great, super simple recipe that turns out better than any cupcakes you’d get at a bakery! Enjoy!
Craving more cookie greatness after trying this? Try my Cookie Dough Dip or My Favorite Soft Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies!
My sister-in-law is having a baby girl and she wanted Samoa cupcakes for her baby shower… it was such a delicious cupcake, I just had to share the recipe and result. First, I have to show off the cupcake bouquet from her shower, it turned out so great and I loved using edible glitter (Disco Dust, Gold Hologram) for the first time!
As one of my friends at the shower said, it is EXACTLY what you want a Samoa cupcake to taste like! What this one includes is a yummy vanilla cupcake, rich chocolate ganache, toasted coconut, homemade caramel sauce and caramel frosting! I topped off the recipe with Samoa cookies to make this a perfect cupcake. So, if you love your Girl Scout cookies, you will love this cupcake
If you are like me, your December is always completely crazy! We never have a free weekend between all of the holiday parties, family events and gatherings with friends. While it can be chaotic and stressful, I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world! It’s the one time of year you get to see everyone you love and eat like a kid again! I’m always on the hunt for a delicious and pretty Christmas dessert. This is a perfect choice for any Christmas occasion!
Two years ago today, I married my best friend and soulmate. We have so much fun together and I wouldn’t change a thing about our marriage. For those of you who are married, you are probably familiar with traditional anniversary gifts. The two year anniversary traditional gift is Cotton. Cotton was not the easiest thing to create a good guy gift, but I had a lot of fun coming up with it. So if you are looking for a good Cotton anniversary gift, I’m happy to share mine. His gift included: (1) a “LOVE” graphic with our wedding date and state we got married in (and live in) printed on cotton and framed (purchased on Etsy); (2) a really nice canvas and leather duffle bag; (3) his favorite cotton dry-fit Nike shirt; (4) some new running socks; and finally (5) cotton candy cupcakes to top off my ultimate Cotton gift! Obviously, I got a little carried away with the cotton theme… but I enjoy putting fun gift packages together.
If you aren’t celebrating a Cotton anniversary soon, well these are also a great October treat to enjoy the Fair season! At least here in Texas, we make a pretty big deal out of our State Fair and our fair foods, and cotton candy is pretty much a staple fair food.