I’ve given you many cupcake and cake recipes over the last few months, and this is my first post to focus on frosting. This is a delicious, simple chocolate frosting that will go great with almost anything. I made mine with my dark chocolate cupcake recipe. For color, I used a little left over salted caramel frosting I had to create the pink flowers. The combination was delicious! This recipe is everything you want from a chocolate frosting, it’s creamy, rich and chocolatey heaven! Enjoy!
From My Frugal Adventures
Makes enough for 12 cupcakes
- 2¾ cups powdered sugar
- 6 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 Tablespoons cream
- 6 Tablespoons butter- softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sift the 2 3/4c powdered sugar and 6T cocoa together in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream the 6T butter in a mixing bowl until nice and smooth.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar, alternating with the 5T cream.
- Add in 1t vanilla. Whip in mixer until well combined.