The name says it all… these cookie bars are divine and the perfect treat for Valentine’s Day! I’ve made these a dozen times and they are always incredible. The best part is you can mix up the recipe, add in different ingredients to the cookies for a change: colorful M&Ms, pecans, etc. However you make them, my favorite part is eating them. They come out of the oven as this ooey-gooey deliciousness, but they get even better after cooling… they become these thick chewy cookie bars that are incredible! I can’t decide which way I like them better, you’ll have to decide for yourself!
Knock You Naked Cookie Bars
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 5 oz evaporated milk
- 1 bag (14 oz) caramels
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 in pan.
- Combine 2 1/4c flour, 1t baking soda and 1t salt in small bowl. Beat 1c butter, 3/4c sugar, 3/4c brown sugar and 1t vanilla in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Add 2 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually mix in flour mixture. Stir in 2c chocolate chips and 1c toffee bits.
- Spread half of cookie dough into the prepared pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- While the cookie dough is baking, melt 14oz caramels and 5oz evaporated milk in a double boiler. Add 1/2c peanut butter after caramels are melted. Melt thoroughly. Spread over baked cookie dough base.
- With the remaining cookie dough, drop spoonfuls of dough on top of the caramel mixture (I’ve also spread out the remaining dough on wax paper and flipped it on top of the caramel mixture, it’s more difficult but gives you a prettier end product).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown.