Love is in the air! It’s almost Valentine’s Day and whether you have special plans or not… you will love these cupcakes! I’ve been dying to try a pink velvet recipe, since pink is my absolute favorite color! These are light, buttermilk cupcakes that are a perfect not-too-sweet compliment to the decadent fudge filling and the light, fluffy whipped cream cheese frosting. And what better way to top it off than a fudge-dipped strawberry! So, celebrate this Valentine’s Day with love and cupcakes!!
Check out my other Valentine’s recipes for other great ideas:
- Chocolate Raspberry Ganache Cake
- Red Velvet Cream Cheese-Stuffed Cupcakes
- Knock You Naked Cookie Bars
Pink Velvet Cupcakes
From Blahnik Baker
Makes about 12 cupcakes
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2-3 drops pink food coloring
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup buttermilk, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake tins with liners and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the 1 1/4c flour, 3/4t baking powder, 1/8t baking soda and 1/8t salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the 1/2c butter and 1/2c sugar until light and fluffy on medium speed, about 3 minutes. Beat in the 2-3 drops food coloring. Add the 2 eggs one at a time, mixing well before each addition. Scrape bowl as needed. Beat in the 1t vanilla extract.
- Reduce the speed to low and slowly alternate the dry ingredients with the 1/2c buttermilk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Divide batter into prepared baking liners. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
From Yes to Yolks
- 8 oz dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon light corn syrup
- Pinch of fine salt
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter
- In a saucepan, bring 1/2c cream, 1T sugar, pinch of salt, and 1T corn syrup to a boil over moderately low heat, whisking until sugar is dissolved. It should be at least 5 minutes, I let the liquid bubble a bit and continued to stir to ensure the sugar melted.
- Remove pan from heat and add 8oz dark chocolate, whisking until chocolate is melted. Add 2T butter, whisking until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and cool, stirring occasionally, until spreadable. This should take 15-20 minutes. You want it to be of a fudgy consistency.
Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
From The Merchant Baker
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream or heavy cream, cold
- 8-ounce package cream cheese, cold (you can use Neufchatel)
- 1 cup sugar (or 3/4 cup if you prefer it less sweet)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat the 8oz cream cheese to soften (about 30 seconds). Add the 1 1/2c cream and whisk at high speed until it forms stiff peaks.
- Add 1c sugar, 1/8t salt and 1t vanilla to the cream cheese and whip until fully combined and creamy. Check a small bit between your fingers to insure sugar crystals have “melted” into the mixture so there is no grittiness.
- Use immediately for frosting, piping or filling. Store leftovers and whatever you’ve frosted or filled in the refrigerator.
Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter – @sugarbbaking.
2 thoughts on “Fudge-Filled Pink Velvet Cupcakes with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting”
Yum! Yes, please! 😉
Oh my! I gained about 20lbs just looking at the photos! These look amazing. Love the idea of pink velvet!